The Foundation European Centre Valuation Prior Learning (EC-VPL) was founded in the Netherlands in 2002 and is a non-profit organisation. The Foundation, with its structural staff of 6 people and incidental staff, studies, accumulates and distributes information on every imaginable aspect of lifelong learning-strategies in which the systematics of Valuation/Validation of Prior Learning (VPL) plays a structuring role.
Read more: http://www.ec-vpl.eu
The mission of EC-VPL is the sustainable development of ‘the self’, i.e. the citizen who based on his/her self-reflection and self-management of competences can be the true owner of his/her personal and continuous development process within the present ‘learning society’.
- National and international information pertaining to VPL projects.
- Qualitative research: case studies, procedures, instruments, financing and legislation.
- Incidental bottlenecks in the sphere of legislation and regulations are surveyed and discussed with responsible authorities. Furthermore, training-manuals for the professionals working in the lifelong learning-arena are developed.
- Development and implementation of training-programmes.
- Experiments and projects on sector, national and European levels.
- Disseminating results and good practice of the use of VPL within LLL-strategies.
- Quality-management of projects and innovation-processes in learning-& working-fields.
Advice and guidance of target-group organisations in the fields of VPL-enhanced lifelong learning-strategies.